Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thursday, June 5th, 2008

Today was a quiet day. Elena,Grant,and Alan walk into town Thursday afternoons to go to the local art gallery to work on their drawings.So that was where they were this afternoon.Today the woman who supervises gave them a class on painting.They thought it was very fun.After their hour at the art gallery they walk over to the other side of town to get a little something at McDonald's.It is pretty exiting for them to be out of the house doing 'grown-up' type things and especially fun to be on their own for a few hours.I do not worry as much because the three of them are together.

This evening was my date with Elena. We walked over to Barneys.It is just on the other side of Clear Lake by Keslers Camp Grounds.Barneys is like the A & W drive through that we would go to when we were little.Barneys even has homemade rootbeer that was very good.I loved that we still had to go to one of the car spots and press the intercom button to order.There were picnic benches so we sat on one of those.Great food.It definitely was a treat.Of course,having some good alone time with Elena was what topped the evening off.Great food and great company!

I do not have any finished projects to show off tonight.I am working on a few things that I will finish this weekend,maybe.

Here is a cute picture of Joel and Lily I took the other day.It is much more fun to see the kids that a project anyway!


These pictures are in response to Barb's question about the conditioner I used on Grace's hair.I found it at a WalMart last week when I ran away.The WalMart in Bloomington off of 494 by The Mall Of America.(Can you figure out which hotel I stayed at.WalMart was across the parking lot)I do not remember seeing it down here in Waseca ,Owatonna,or Mankato WalMarts but maybe I just missed it.It made Grace's hair so soft and easy to comb.I know you Barb,Natalie,and Heidi A. all saw the state the girls' hair was in this past year.I'm still learning a lot!



A picture of the great plastic caps the girls think are so neat.As you see we have a bunch of them but today when Ekie washed Naomi's hair (yes, I supervised Ekie while I did Cyrus and Joyce's school.Ekie did a great job) and conditioned it she was going to throw the cap away but Joyce would not let her because it as still good to wear again.Got to love those plastic caps!By the way, Joyce braided Naomi's hair and did a beautiful job.Her parts make mine look like I was blindfolded and using my toes when I parted Grace's hair.She finished when I was leaving with Elena on our date so I did not get a picture,but it is beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment