Saturday, June 7, 2008

Saturday,I'm Glad You are Almost at an End!

Today was not what I would classify as one of my top ten days of the year,Maybe not even among my top 100 of the year so far.I just think Saturdays and Mondays are the two harder days at the Frye house.Oh, I do not know why I just have the need to control even the tiniest of tiny issues that go on around here.If I actually think about it it is humanly impossible with 14 kids to make sure all I's are doted and all T's are crossed as the saying goes.It would make for a much more peaceful house if I was more relaxed and did not need everything to be perfect.Who is looking except God anyway that I feel this deep need to have our lives over here looking good and together 100% (or 90 or even 40%) of the time.God is never shocked or surprised or even angry that I do not have it all together.But I am shocked,surprised and angry at times at me and everyone else that I do not have it all together.

A few terrible day highlights...

I found Grace and Joel dancing bare naked in the bathtub together this morning when they were not taking a bath.Sounds cute and it could have been one of those stories you tell the grand kids about their mom or dad.I TOTALLY overreacted.I yelled and made them both cry a lot.Not good.

One child did not want to do his breakfast dished and was being a pill about it so I in an irritated huff (because I REALLY did not want to do them either)said I would do them for a price of $5.00 and really did take the money.Actually another child helped me with the chore so he got most of the money.The pill child was SO mad at me.

Jeff called the kids for dinner but 7 of them were still not at the table when Jeff prayed.I heard Jeff complain but not do anything so I in another huff took off the plates from the missing children's spots.They sat watching everyone else eat.At this very moment they are tucked in their cozy beds starving to death.Gee,I hope they make it through the night...(see how mean I am sometimes)

Everything that came out of my mouth today seemed to be a complaint (like now) criticism, or whine!

Oh the list goes on and on.It is not the goofy things the kids did today that I'm feeling bad about.Kids just do weird things at times.It is my reaction to everything.I really did not do anything in love.Does anyone else have those days when they just struggle ( but fail) to get a grip on their own attitude?Sadly,I do not have a verse to end my post of complaining into a positive uplifting lesson for you all.All I have to say is Blahh!

OK,enough of that.What I need is a cheerful look an Lily Ann. I still do not wrong in her eyes.Well,except maybe not get her bottle to her fast enough or if I take a scrap away that she was cheerfully chewing on and make her cry.

You are about to witness Lily's first taste of Applesauce.




I noticed Lily has her first tooth peaking out.I tried to get a close up of it.If you look REAL close you can just barely,kinda,maybe see it.It is the single fuzzy dot on the right.I do not know what those two dots on the left are.Maybe,leftover applesauce?My baby has her first tooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment