Thursday, June 12, 2008

Wednesday,June 11, 2008

In Memory of my dad

James Albert Weiss

March 11,1944 - June 11,1993

I like looking at my dad's pictures.I only have about 4 of him as an adult though.I think I might actually have forgotten what his voice sounds like.I wonder if I heard it now would I recognise it as my dad's voice.I'm not sure if this is the same for you Mom,Heather,Missy,Tammy,and Heidi but I'm forgetting a lot.I remember a bunch of major things but I really want to remember the little everyday things better.I do remember things like Dad making french toast when he was still at home in Stillwater.I remember drives home from NABPCO in the orange truck.I even remember going to Children's Palace once.Him bringing us to CHEAPOS (sp?) and Max Millers.Let's see,I remember his fancy black side zip boots and that jean vest he would wear to weddings.Ok,I remember his goofy chair dances,his cigar donuts and how he sat on a chair with his legs crossed.Gee,I am not remembering as much as I would like.Will we remember less and less as the years go on?I'm even forgetting the not so good stuff.Time passing is a very interesting thing.Isn't it?



On to other topics of the day...

Jeff,Lily,and Elena



Pretty Elena



This picture is great.I love Nolan wearing his cowboy boots with his shorts!He wants to be a cowboy when he grows up.Looking at this picture you would never guess Nolan was our high energy boy.



Here is Joel playing with Lily.He pushed her around the house in her stroller for a while and then set her up in a good spot so she could read her book.



Here is my most recent stack of baby quilts or blankets I will get on my quilt site in the next day or so.Some are tied and some are machine quilted with a strait stitch.They all have polyester batting which makes them very light and fluffy.Let's see...the two yellow quilts are Debbie Mumm fabrics and have a cool flannel backing.They are Noah's Ark but not a match to her more blue Noah's Ark fabric.The green quilt and the blue one with the bear and moon on it are Lilly Lamb and her friends.I absolutly think Lilly Lamb is the cutest!She ranks up there with Suzie Zoo in my opinion.The two earthy ones are what I would consider a mix of country and modern in look.Very unique looking.The backs of both of these are earthy stripes.I used a cool multi colored thread to quilt them.The blue quilt on top of the earthy looking ones has the words Sweet Dreams,Sweet Baby cute sayings like that.I love talking fabric.

I bet you never imagined one person could have so many projects.This is the summer I am going to finish my mounting stacks of projects!I am going to try a few new things as well.Anyway,it might take me a day or so to get these actually listed on my quilt site.I have also started changing the look of www.dragonfryequilts.com.It is still in the middle of getting a new look but a few pages are looking pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment