Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Blue Tuesday

I woke up today feeling a tad blue. I am not sure what I actually feel blue about. Nothing really happened. It is just a feeling. Maybe it is the transition to fall,you know the temperature change. Fall is my favorite season of the year but that quick temperature change along with overcast skies can be a little hard. So,I am off to my room to cozy up with my electric blanket and watch a DVD all by myself. It is a good night to see what the fellows on the NCC-1701-D are up to. Well, maybe I will not be totally by myself. Close on my heals are my two youngest. How can I turn away an opportunity to share a little heating blanket and a viewing of 'Time Squared' with two tots that melt my heart?



The the crew under dad's charge are enjoying a plate of fried egg sandwiches (which by the way are a great comfort food up here in the northern states or maybe just in my house)



all in front of our first fall indoor fire.



One last thing before I hibernate for the evening...I received my American Patchwork and Quilting magazine in the mail yesterday. This is a great issue. These two quilts are going on my MUST MAKE list.





Mmmm....I am smelling something that resembles cookies baking...chocolate chip perhaps? That just might be enough to venture downstairs to check things out.Maybe I'm not so blue after all.

1 comment:

  1. I love fried egg sandwiches.

    Going into winter and not having much of a fall makes me kinda blue too. I don't really like winters with all the snow. (Probably cause I detest driving in it).


    So have a great day!

    ReplyDelete