Friday, September 25, 2009

Projects and Homecoming

It seemed insensitive to post about my newest sewing projects right after I wrote about the sad Wednesday Waseca had so I waited until today to show my creations.

I took a break from cutting out my quilt pieces to make a few more baby blankets.I had a few yards of dusty rose dot minky-ish fabric and some great looking cotton fabrics and the outcome are these four cute baby blankets.



I got a little extra creative and added a bunny face to the corner of this baby blanket. I hope the bunny's face does not look too odd. I got the idea from a picture of a hooded baby towel and thought I could add something like that on the corner of a baby blanket minus the hood aspect. Maybe I should have picked a more off white and pink fabric for the bunny's face but not bad for a first try.



Tonight is Waseca's homecoming! This afternoon is the homecoming parade. The kids are exited. Those Sr. High kids are very generous with their candy throwing. Our house is at the beginning of the parade route so we have the fun of watching the band warm up,too.

This week marks the sixth year we have lived here in Waseca. So much has changed in these six years!

No comments:

Post a Comment