Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ok, So I'm Finally Ready To Turn 41 !

It has taken a few months to face it but now I'm ready so let the celebration begin!

My real birthday is July 2nd but I thought I would postpone my birthday partly because we have eight other birthdays in a three month span. Toss in 4th of July and it makes for a busy party few months. I was also not quite ready to be 41 yet. I'm ready now. So Happy Birthday to me!

Like each birthday I go to a quilt shop and pick out a special quilt kit (yes, an actual kit not just yardage and a quilt book. Kits are real neat. Kind of frivolous but special.) I pick one out to make that reflects my year. I opted not to buy a quilt kit at a quilt shop because I saw this very pretty kit at Joann's. It is simple but very pretty. I love the colors. I want it to symbolize my upcoming year.




I picked out a great meal. It does not look appetizing in the photo but it tasted great! No birthday cake for me, though. A Tina birthday needs mint chocolate chip ice cream cones. Very tasty!



I hate to admit this but because of my school planning and sewing projects we had not eaten on our dinning room table as a whole family since the beginning of May. The kids ate outside on the picnic bench rain or shine. If the weather was really bad they ate on the floor in our family room.

Now that school started I needed to put all my stuff away because that is our 'school room' as well as our dinning room. With a clean table we were able to eat my birthday dinner in the actual dinning room! Pretty fancy.


There was one problem...the kids had grown a lot over the summer and all 16 of us can no longer fit at the table without ending up with elbows in each other's food.



No worries. We just added on and extended a little into the living room. It looks like some sort of Holiday with relatives doesn't it?

1 comment:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday, Tina! I think your table situation is GREAT! Love, Erica

    ReplyDelete