Monday, September 7, 2009

I'm Still Around...

This has been a pretty long stretch of not posting!

In all honesty, I really really have been having a hard time this past week. The whole neighbor thing just sent me into a dark hole that it has taken some time to climb out of. It was not just my mind dwelling on the neighbor thing but it was that which seemed to set things off for me. It still feels like I am grasping for something to hold onto but things are looking better. I am a woman with many issues,I think. Kind of on the dramatic ,emotional side most of the time.*sigh*

But blog I must!

Even in my funky mindset I...

created

I am very pleased with how this quilt top turned out.

Hi peeking Jeff! A peek-a-boo dad for a peek-a-boo quilt. The quilt pattern is actually called Peek-a-boo. Get it? I did not even need to stage this photo. Jeff is kind of a ham when it comes to photos.




sold

Good-bye cute owl fabric!

Just a little FYI in case it ever comes up in conversation: Did you know the hottest item in my Dragonfrye Supplies Etsy shop has been the Mother Goose Vol 2 fabric book panel. This is the 7th I sold and sad to say I do not have any more.)




and shopped!




and tomorrow I will school...


Not feeling totally prepared for that. I was supposed to start back in July.Maybe you remember. Didn't happen. This is the first year I did not school through the summer. Just a little behind schedule wouldn't you say.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my word....I want that top quilt! I will find someone to give it to...but it is just too darn cute to pass up! How much????

    I have to do school...but I'm going to come back later and see what happened with your neighbor...don't have time to read anymore....

    kids are screaming...: )

    nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're back! I think being creative helps take your mind off things, and I know your making that pretty quilt would help to brighten the day:) I hope you continue to feel better.

    I started school today too. It wasn't as hard as I thought with a high schooler in the house (he started Algebra I this year), so I was worried about that a little bit...and with a rambunctious toddler too:) but it went fine.
    Have a nice evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie, you are good for my quilting ego. I will probobly put this one up for sale. It will take me a while to quilt it,though.
    I am in a quilt top making mood theses days. I actually have enough of the Beatrix Potter blocks to make two more of these quilts at some point. You know me, I can never just make one of something. For the other two I think I will change the colors. It was a very easy quilt top to make. The difficult part was the cutting. Thanks for the quilt top encouragement!

    ReplyDelete