Saturday, September 19, 2009

Up a Little Late Tonight

I had a few quiet hours to do a few quick projects.Well,maybe more like a few semi quiet hours.

I thought I needed a couple of new things for my My Little Dragonfrye Etsy shop so I made five very fun baby cuddly blankets this evening.

I used white textured cuddle soft fabric for the backing of the cute blue Suzie's Zoo and pink Raggedy Ann blankets. I found this real pretty off-white dimple cuddle soft fabric that I used for the backing of the dog and bird blankets. The bird blanket is very different and unique for a baby I think. They are all so soft!



I tried something different with the patchwork blanket. I used off-white fleece for the backing.Interesting. The squares I used for the patchwork blanket top were all leftovers from the last batch of receiving blankets I made. I believe I even added a few fabrics from my drawstring skirt leftovers. I used a mix of cottons,flannels,cotton knit,cotton Lycra,minky type fabrics, and a few polyester satin fabrics. I was not used to sewing a quilt top with this variety of fabrics and had a hard time matching up the squares perfectly. Even so, I think this blanket turned out very cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment