Saturday, September 12, 2009

Not Bad For A Saturday Evening

None of these quilt tops have been very photogenic but in real life they turned out very well. Honest.

This first quilt top is my birthday quilt. I love these fabrics.




It was such an easy fast pattern,I made a second one.




If you remember I was originally going to use the princess fabric above with this pattern below but changed my mind. I dug out this charm pack and had enough and two squares to spare. I think I will add a little applique heart (or two) on the minky with the spare squares. Cute! This is definitely a make again pattern.




This is a quilt top pattern I just made up but I am sure I must have seen it some were before. I had 16 of these boy 5" squares and did not know what to do with them. I thought adding blue jean borders would be fun. The blue jean fabric is really darker than it shows in the photo. I think this will look great quilted and once it starts to fade like worn jeans do, it will be the neatest quilt. It might look blah and simple now but just wait...

I think I have the same type of girl 5" squares around. Maybe, I will make a girl version as well.


1 comment: