Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Skirt For A Teen

Elena was in need for another church skirt so we found some pretty fabric from my never ending mound of stash fabric that passed her approval.Of course, she did not need to twist my arm to whip this up for her this evening.





When I was Elena's age I just loved to sew and spend most all of babysitting money on fabric to make some crazy creation. Most of my creations did not turn out actually wearable in public but some did. Elena is not as fond of sewing as I am. She loves music,reading,texting,cooking,and talking.Her craft of choice is working with paper,not quite scrap booking but paper fashions. She is very good at it. She is a very good writer as well.I usually do not want her to read over my shoulder when I blog or email because she sees my many writing mistakes.Her interests are very similar to her father's.BUT Elena asked to sew up a pair of flannel pj bottoms all by herself sometime.We have the pieces all cut out and hopefully she will get to them soon. It will be fun to sew with her.

Warmly,
A Patchwork Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment