Monday, February 22, 2010

A Fun Sunday Afternoon

I finished up my Ohio Star baby blanket. It turned out so cute!!!I really like this idea of using a small quilt top (this one is about 29 x 29) and instead of making a full quilt using the top as a baby blanket. I think I am on to something good!! I think it is practical as well as pretty...I hope at least.



I did not add batting but instead added a backing of white minky fabric which is why it is a blanket and not a quilt.



I think it makes the prettiest baby set! I just might be the only mom who would picked out her baby's blanket or quilt based on what I dressed my baby in for a day out. I am just a little odd...

I am exited to get this in the mail.



I know that my homeschurching the smaller kids seems a little odd to most.In all fairness to me, I have not really fully explained exactly why I stay home with the younger bunch on Sundays. That is more of a private family issue so I will not. But I have to say, like I did last Sunday, this has been hands down the funnest I have had with my children thus far. I am with them all the time and we have a lot of fun but I really look forward to our Sunday mornings together.

Today, we ran a little long so a few of our other kids joined in when they came home from regular church. Jeff was even able to share some Bible truths with my class. How great is that!!!

Our verse for the past few weeks was

For great is his love toward us.
Psalm 117:2









I am feeling like I am coming down with something...a head cold of sorts...No time to sit around sick!

Warmly,
A Patchwork Mommy

1 comment:

  1. I like the cute little lambs you all made for your Sunday lesson. That's a special time for you to spend with your children. I hope you feel better!
    Good concert photos too:)

    ReplyDelete