Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Seasons

I have been thinking about things lately

Isn't it neat that God created seasons?

Spring,summer,fall,winter.
It is one of the fun things about living in Minnesota.
I was thinking how neat that God does that in our lives as well.
We all are walking in our own season.
There are age related seasons and life seasons and even mini seasons within a season!

I was thinking just as summer leads to fall one life season leads to the next.
With each season we walk through, God is doing things in our lives.
Some are visible to others but some are hidden underground and not to be seen until we enter the next season in our lives.
At times it seems as though some people can skip a whole season.

It can be easy for me to look at a moment in another person's life and misunderstand why they do what they do,even forgetting that a season does not always define where their relationship with God is at.

Anyway,I guess my blog is just a peek into this season of my life where I am at right now.
Sometimes, I am very exited to write what is going on around here. Other times, I am embarrassed by my weaknesses that are visible to you all. I fail and I succeed.

In the end I would like to say that those of you who read my blog could stand as a witness as to the great things God has done.

He took a little sad lonely girl who could not see a life worth living past the 8th grade and lifted her out of her despair and set her on firm ground.
He walked her through many, many seasons of life,some she flew through, some she could barley crawl though,some she needed to be carried through.
He changed her. He took this little girl who thought she was unlovable,unvaluable and placed a value upon her head.
Not only that God had plans for her.
Because of that there are now fourteen...fourteen little lives under her charge.
Eight lives that would have never been and six others who knows what their lives would have been like if still in Africa.
God not only lifted her out of her deep pit he gave her so much more than she could dream of or imagine.
I do not write this with pride but with extreme humility,awe,and gratefulness that God saw fit to include me in his plan.
That he would lead me through each season of my life up 'til this point.
And guess what?
This little girl's life is only half over...I wonder what God has planned for the next half.


"The Lord saved me from the paw of the lion.
He saved me from the paw of the bear.
And he'll save me from the powerful hand of this Philistine too."

1 Samuel 17:37


That verse sums my life up so very well.

In light of those thoughts we need a little Lily cuteness.





This picture below shows that teens need a little mothering despite what they (ok, just maybe mine) think at times.

A spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down quite well once the medicine is crushed into very tiny bits that is.





Warmly,
A Patchwork Mommy

2 comments:

  1. I hope the next half of your life is twice as wonderful as the first half :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing a little of your soul. :)
    I have one that doesn't swallow pills.....thankfully that one doesn't require much medication. :)
    Oh...and "seasons"....I have seen many.....and you know that means they weren't all wonderful.

    ReplyDelete