Friday, February 19, 2010

A Sweet Little Dress

Last night I had the itch to make something nice and pretty.

I dug out this very pretty dainty fabric from my stash and started on a little baby dress. I only had a yard of this fabric.I could not make a dress for Lily so I decide I would make a 1/2 size which I thought would be about a 6 months size or so as a gift for a friend.

It turned out just like I envisioned it would. Nice and dainty and just plain 'ol baby sweet.



Isn't the fabric just so pretty? I must have bought this at Jo-Ann's at some point.I was able to salvage eight 5" squares out of the extras. I was thinking of making a Ohio Star receiving blanket to match using the left over squares as the Ohio Star centers.



I used this New Look pattern in size 1/2. I like that the pattern was labeled easy. I can do easy! I tried the dress on Lily as reference and it fit her as a little top so the pattern must run a little big. Dresses like this are nice because they can be used for a few years.First as a dress then as a little top.




On another note: Does anyone read The Southern Minny BUZZ? Here is a fun fact I read in the BUZZ tonight:

There is no word in the English language that rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple.

and there was also this quote by Abraham Lincoln:

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle."

Now how on earth did Lincoln know so much about the Frye dinner table?!


Warmly,
A Patchwork Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Sweet little dress!
    I am considering Etsy sales. I was wondering if you think it is worthwhile?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a pretty dress! It looks so dainty.
    Your post on Seasons closely resembled how I feel about my life when I look back. Now if I could just get through the difficult season I'm going through now. Being a mom is a wonderful gift. You are a great mom with beautiful children:) Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete