Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Quiet Tuesday

Yesterday as I was going down the stairs while juggling my laptop computer and a dish, I slipped on my old worn out broken taped up shoes I insist on wearing. I ended up falling down the stairs right on my bottom. Good thing I have a very well padded tush!

Anyway,I kept the plate from falling but my laptop sailed down 1 1/2 flights of stairs, crashed into our wash machine ending up on the wood floor. The fall shattered the screen, and damaged the right side of the laptop where the dvd player is. I was so upset with myself. It is our only computer. Well,Jeff and Grant went over to Wallmart last night to check out the cost of a new laptop. They were more money than we had.

I thought Jeff would have to close down my Etsy shops and blog from his work computer until we could save up for another home laptop. My smart boys thought instead that they could buy a monitor for a fourth the price and bypass the broken screen. It worked!!! Of course, my laptop it not as portable anymore but it works. The DVD player part is very banged up but still works,too. As long as this set up lasts for about 6 months or so until I can save up a little extra, I will be just fine. Hmm...it might mean not as many trips to the fabric store...that will be a challenge because Saturday there is a pretty nice sale at JoAnn's.


On a fun note, someone purchased one of my cloth book/blanket sets in my Etsy shop.I am just pleased as punch! Why? Because I knew that a set like that was a good idea and it is my first set like that I sold. Very exiting!!!

It inspired me to search through my stash and start on a few more cloth book/blanket sets this week. I decided to focus on these two cute Little Golden Book cloth books.

The Saggy Baggy Elephant and



The Poky Little Puppy.

Aren't they just SO cute!!!!




I thought I would use this yard of fabric to make two little blankets (like the one I made to match the yellow dress last week) to match the fabric books.Something pieced. I have to think about how I can best make use of the yard of fabric.Maybe Ohio Stars again...I'm not exactly sure...I will think on it until tomorrow evening.




Warmly,
A Patchwork Mommy

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about your laptop!! That just had to have made your heart sink when you realized the damage. But so glad you found a temp. solution! Very smart!

    Be blessed-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete