Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Small Leaf Turning Update

My leaf turning is not going exactly as I thought it would. I went to bed early last night but did not wake up as early as I wanted. I still did get up earlier but was feeling bothered at myself for my lack of self control.

See, I prayed last night and asked God to wake me up at the time I planned. He did but I spent about thirty seconds in my grogginess wondering why I had been woken up. I turned over and went back to sleep. Right before I drifted off I remembered why I had woken up and could have gotten out of bed but I did not. You know what I did? I thanked God for waking me up and then apologized to God because I wanted to go back to sleep and asked him to wake me up a little bit later. He did BUT I repeated the same thing over again.

*Sigh*

The neat part of it all is that I have a God...The Maker of the whole universe. The I AM...who cares about little me and isn't bothered about stupid,selfish,silly requests like being my alarm clock. On top of that, He is patient enough to do it a second time even knowing my flesh is very weak. I did eventually wake up which was still earlier that I would usually wake up. Even that extra few hours makes a difference.

The few hours gave me extra time to swap Lily's playpen with her crib. She has spent the majority of her first two years sleeping in her playpen. I found out she can climb into her playpen so it will just be a matter of time before she can climb out of it. I put her playpen away and set up the crib in it's place. I am not quite ready to put her in a regular bed yet. Anyway,that led me to sorting through her clothes and finally packing up her infant stuff. That in turn lead me to cleaning the room real well.It is the room where Lily sleeps.We also keep a lot of dressers for some of the other children's clothes,all of our shoes and jackets, and toys.It also holds the main bathroom so it is a very chaotic,messy room.

The task was a pretty crazy because I had so many helpers we were tripping over each other.I probably spent more time redoing Lily's help than actual cleaning.Her help was taking the clothes out of the boxes meant for storage that I just put in and running away with them or trying them on. The end result is nice,though.A nice clean room. I would have taken a picture to show our work but it is such an un-photogenic room you would not believe I actually did much cleaning in it at all.

I also worked on sewing a few more skirts. I will snap a few pictures of those tomorrow to show.

Warmly,
A Patchwork Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you will have to take up caffinated beverages again!!! :)
    I am serious when I tell you that some mornings it is my morning coffee that pulls me out of bed. I would like to think it is my self-control and dedication to starting my morning out earlier that motivates me....but that would be a lie. I sneak away with my pretty (or fun) cup and have my quiet time....and on a good day I can consume 2 or 3 cups before I am done. :)
    Maybe you could enjoy a cup of hot chocolate....or some decaf while you are preparing for the day ahead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila,
    Yes,I did REALLY looked forward to my coffee and quiet time.They went hand in hand. The reason I gave up my coffee was I found when I hit my upper 30's my beloved coffee turned on me.It took me a few years to finaly let it go and it took about a half year to not desire it anymore.I still do have decaf mocah drinks a few times a week but reg coffee now tastes kind of icky.It doesn't even smell good to me anymore. Anyway, coffee was my motivator in getting up for so many years. I still have not replaced it with anything else.My Bible reading has dropped when my coffee consumption stopped.Interesting,isn't that?Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete