Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Pot of Good Looking Beans and Fun in The Mail

Isn't this a beautiful sight?



I got creative.

Two pounds of beautiful mixed dry beans
about 24 cups of water
a bunch of onions
one 26 ounce can of spaghetti sauce
one pound of cooked sausage

Very tasty




Carmel sent me these lovely things all the way from Israel! Thank you SO very much Carmel!!!

Carmel hand made the pretty bag.It is so very sweet. The girls went crazy over it.




Carmel also sent me some very pretty fabric Pieces. I have a project in mind for them.



I have been enjoying reading the Arabesque needlework book. Most of you know that I had desired to be an Archaeologist when I 'grew up'. Of course, the job I have now trumps any ancient find. A close second to Archaeology was historical costume design. I personally think those two areas are connected in a way but maybe only in my mind. Anyway, Arabesque has been a very enjoyable book to read.

Read this: "Embroidery from the Holy Land,like other crafts, preserve ancient motifs that have been passed down from generation to generation. The motifs reveal traces of the various empires and cultures that have flourished in this part of the world."

Isn't that so neat!? See how the book is very fitting for me.

Warmly,
A Patchwork Mommy

1 comment:

  1. i am so happy that the book is yours
    i also think it is a very good book and the patterns are beautiful!
    thanks for stoping by my blog and finely i get to see your new blog.
    your blog is beautiful like always!

    and ya, i also hope that we will find a place to live in soon... we are standing in front of a real dilema at the moment... so, we will see.....

    thanks! and take care!!
    carmel

    ReplyDelete