Tuesday, March 30, 2010

One After Another

We have had the worst time with our appliances this weekend.

It started off the weekend with our refrigerator getting too warm again. This happens once every month and a half or so for the past two + years. Frustrating! We had a repair man come in twice just to tell us someone spilled liquid in it and that I need to defrost it.He would not believe me when I told him otherwise. I just think the auto defrost is not working which blocks the air flow to the fridge. I do not know how to fix it myself so I just defrost it every month or so. Of course the problem started just after the warranty ended.



Next,I noticed our wash machine was leaking.



I found the reason. Jeff ran a snake down the drain today but could not find the clog. The machine works ok as long as someone is there to stop the machine to let the water drain.



And lastly our dryer stopped working! In a family of our size the washer or dryer not working for even a day is not good news.

Today,I stood close to the washer to wash our daily laundry (four loads) plus an extra load of towels that I used to mop up the washer water when I did not get there quick enough to let the water drain.

Jeff will take these wet baskets of laundry to the all night Laundromat after the kids are in bed. Good guy he is.



I am thankful that our water heater and furnaces made it through one more winter.


Warmly,
A Patchwork Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about your appliance issues.
    I am afraid the washing machine issue is the sewer line and not the machine.....we lived in a 100 year old house and we had to have the roots ground every so many years....found out because of the washer backing up. :(
    Maybe you can figure out your other problems here
    www.repairclinic.com
    My sister uses it all the time, orders her own parts and fixes most things by herself.
    The Easter skirts look great!

    ReplyDelete