Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Little Obsession of a Few Kinds

How about a little material obsession!

I did not use my free time very wisely this evening. I spent half of it looking at this book.

Material Obsession: Modern Quilts with Traditional Roots by Sarah Fielk and Kathy Doughty

It is just the most beautiful quilt book. I have yet to make anything from it. The Quilts seem pretty challenging.

I was thinking it would be a great book to use my stash fabric for. Maybe one of these days I will go through and make all 23 quilts in this book. It would probably take me about five years at least.



Here are a few of the quilts




This one is my ultimate favorite




Ok, my all time obsession is kissing warm cozy baby cheeks right after a baby nap and that cute baby crib head.



I spent the second half of my quiet house time taking pictures of Lily.Who could blame me! She is pretty fun.





Don't worry. It's decaf. What a kind hubby to bring me a special drink to enjoy with my quiet night.



Lily is a pro at making mac and cheese. How many boxes? Seven tonight because Elena and Grant will not be home to eat with us.




Warmly,
A Patchwork Mommy

2 comments:

  1. oh so sweet!

    hope you guys are well...

    robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilts are so pretty. That would be fun to make all of them. Very cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete