Thursday, March 18, 2010

Finished!

Any spare chunk of time I found i was hard at work finishing up my pile of waiting projects. I am pleased that I am all done completely with the ten quilts!

I also finished up a few soft books and a few baby blankets. All since this weekend. It feels nice. I am now going to start a little table top quilt for a customer.I told her I would finish it by Sunday latest. It will not be very hard because it will be just 12" x 18".

Once that is finished I am needing to start on Easter clothes for the girls. I think I am just going to make skirts and buy matching t-shirts. I saw some real cute t-shirts at Wallmart for just $3.00 each. That will be way easier option than making dresses with zippers or button holes. I am very very bad at both those sewing skills.

I thought I would just show you some of my finished projects that I am extra exited about.

This is a very pretty baby quilt. It is very girly.



I made this cloth book and baby blanket set. Isn't it just so pretty? The soft book is called Learning To Pray. I just love the vintage little girls. It might not look like the blanket matches but it does. There are a good number of blue flowers on the inside pages of the book.



And I finished up The Saggy Baggy Elephant book.



Joel and Lily enjoying one of my favorite places to sit,our front porch.



What a lovely muddy yard we have.

The mud path is our home track.It goes around our house. Mandatory 12 times around every week day for Grace up to Joyce. They are out there rain,snow...OK, not in sleet or hail or below zero...but yes they did do it all through the winter.

Grant and Alan get out of it because they play sports through the public school and have to walk more than a mile there and back.

Elena negotiated with me and does 250 jump ropes instead.The privilege of being 15. A little more latitude.

Just so you do not think I am totally cruel, Grace only does five times around and the four middle girls only need to do ten times around but usually choose to do more.Why is Joel not out there but Grace is? Um...that's a whole can of worms.




Warmly,
A Patchwork Mommy

4 comments:

  1. With 14 little personalities in your household, only one strong-willed child isn't so bad.....well....easy for me to say.....I don't have to deal with his training. :) Sweet little Joel....who would have quessed....your photos of him are always so cherub-like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina,
    Check out the fabric flowers with button centers....that were added to these t-shirts...
    http://www.modabakeshop.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina,

    Oh...my...word...your work is stunning! Even Noah (our 8 year old) was walking by the computer and said, "That quilt is NICE!" Is that baby girl quilt for sale? I have someone that might be interested!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe. I make our children run laps too--but more so for discipline. I tell them (one in particular), "if you have enough energy to be disobedient then you have enough energy to run laps!"

    ReplyDelete