Friday, March 19, 2010

Two More Things

One more hobby I would like to try if I had the time would be fly fishing. Doesn't that sound so relaxing?! I think it does. Maybe someday...

I was posting pictures of my mom and my sister on their facebook pages via Jeff's facebook. I'm not a facebook person myself but I visit Jeff's often to see what our friends and family are all up to. My mom and sister both just got their facebook pages so I was posting pictures of them for fun. I thought you might like this one. This is my mom walking me down the isle on my wedding day July, 1993. My dad had passed away the month before so my mom walked me down. Isn't she just beautiful?

Anyway, I made my wedding dress. I had no idea how to make it fit but at least it did not fall apart while I was wearing it. I think I was supposed to have some sort of slip that would make the dress puff out but what did I care. I was getting married to the greatest guy!! I was (and still am) proud of that dress and still think that hubby of mine is the greatest.



I made the bride's maid dresses as well. I had five bride's maids, my four sisters and my close friend. This is my youngest sister Missy and my husband's roommate (at the time) Jeff Cole.



If you look close at the flowers you will notice how unique they look. My friend and I made those ourselves as well. We made the boutonnieres,too. They looked all crooked but it was SO much fun to do it ourselves. I think we were lucky in that way,being poor.

The most expensive thing at our wedding was the cake and desserts that we served at the reception.I think we paid $1,000 for those. If I would have the wedding to do over, I would have done most things the same but had a potluck sort of thing and made our own cake. Oh, but I burn things...maybe I would have had my mom or sisters make the cake instead.


Warmly,
A Patchwork Mommy

1 comment:

  1. My sister got married around the same time....the bridesmaid dresses look very similar.....we had them made....they were a floral design.
    It was an outdoor wedding with an indoor reception (and dance).

    ReplyDelete