Friday, March 5, 2010

What a Man,What a Mighty Fine Man...And a Few Cute Kids

As the father of many, Jeff sure does sacrifice the fancier things of life.



Last year Jeff's small work car was beyond fixing.

We had $450 dollars to find him a new car.

Here was what he found.



It was held together by duck tape and bungee cords but it got him where he needed to go.



It lasted almost a year. Good-bye car!! Now he is off to look for another car. Maybe the next one will need a little less duck tape.



Pretty Gracie (5) petting our cat Pippy.



My three youngest (Joel, Lily, and Grace) playing what they call 'the nighttime game' where they pretend to go to sleep. I like that game. It makes for a quiet house.

Check out Lily's folded hands...she is so pleased that she can now fold her hands like that so she does it a lot. Aw, SO cute!!


Warmly,
A Patchwork Mommy

3 comments:

  1. Poor Jeff! Does he have far to drive to work? I am guessing there is no public transportation either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to put a sad smile after my comment about no public transportation.....not a happy smile....sorry about that. :)
    I love the picture of Gracie and the cat....she warms my heart. I didn't realize she was the same age as Joel. How old was she when she came to your home? I hope you share your adoption story one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheila, Jeff drives about an hour to work each day and an hour home. He has been keeping his eye out for a good deal.At least we have the van for him to use until he finds a little car.

    I never even noticed the smile face but it fits anyway. It is kind of like a pat of encouragement.

    Grace was 2 1/2 when she came here to the US. She was younger than Lily by a few months when her Liberian mom brought her to the orphanage. Grace,Ekie and Cyrus are biological siblings. They were the youngest of seven children.


    Joyce and Odell are half sisters to each other.They have the same Liberian mother. Naomi was in the orphanage without any siblings but I do know she had some.

    I am still wanting to write our adoption story.

    ReplyDelete