Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Four Bound Six To Go

I finished putting the binding on four of the ten quilts I finished up the past weekend.They are all washed and ready to go. As you would probably figure,I do not hand stitch my bindings. I machine stitch them. I do not really make quilts as heirlooms more to be used that is why I machine stitch everything.Anyway,that is how I can get them bound so quickly...and cutting actual bias bindings is a little too
time consuming for me so I go the simple route and cut them from selvage to selvage. Does that not make me a true blue quilter?

I will spare showing you each quilt I finished but I will show a few that I have comments about.

Remember my Poky Little Puppy quilt? I finished up the Saggy Baggy Elephant one. I just have to make the soft book to go with it.




Take a look at this one. I had a bit of leftovers from the Poky and Saggy Golden Book quilts so I made this one. I added extra blue squares where I ran out of white or center square fabric. I added a second border as well. Now, is this even an official quilt pattern? Jeff thinks it looks like arrows. Isn't id interesting that just a little color change can make a completely different looking quilt.



I also finished up this Mary Engelbreit Mother Goose blanket



and the matching softbook. I am SO exited about this set.



Just to show you I do not only just sew for my shops...I patched up these holes tonight as well.



Warmly,
A Patchwork Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Tina~You've really done a nice job on your quilts. Very pretty! Have a nice evening!

    ReplyDelete