Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Little Chat With Lily

I did not like that it came down to this but I just had to. It is the part of parenting I like the least. You see there have been things disappearing around here. Oh, nothing of real importance...a noodle here,a piece of fuzz there...but still...a mom has to address these issues.

So I sat her down,my little Lily. I thought a good book would put her more at ease.



When I first brought up the subject she pretended that I was talking to someone else.



When she realised that I was a little brighter than I look,she looked around for someone else to blame...



and found someone.



I pushed a little more. "Where my little Lily have you been hiding your stolen goods", I ask. Silence was Lily's response.



Breaking through the thick silence came a little whistling noise.It was ever so quiet. Why, it is Lily's nose that is whistling. After a little closer look,what do I find. Oh, my missing noodle and a little fuzz.


Author's note : This is a work of fiction with a little truth mixed in. Last week I rescued two macaroni and cheese noodles from Lily's nose and yesterday I pulled a few rather good sized pieces a fuzz from that same little cute as a button nose. The things we mothers do...

3 comments:

  1. Gross! Aimee K.
    www.oneofthelittlekingsservants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our daughter put things in her nose when she was little.....she was very close to needing to have one thing medically removed.....back then we didn't realize things can be transfered from the nose to the lungs with just a big sniff.....be carefully little Lily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't say I've ever had one do that before, thank goodness :)

    She sure is cute as a button though !

    ReplyDelete