Sunday, August 23, 2009

Finaly, They Are Finished

It has taken a few weeks to find the time to finish the bags I had waiting but I did it. Jeff took the most of the kids to the park this afternoon so I could have a few hours to sew. Well, I am done making bags for a while. It was fun but five is a good amount.





What's next? I have a few quilts I need to quilt and then I thought I would make a few more baby blankets for my My Little Dragonfrye Etsy shop. I think I will back these fabrics each with off white silky fabric (the polyester silky kind). Not the most practical of receiving blankets but great for a baby to cozy with.




This cute owl fabric would look great as a pink minky backed receiving blanket,wouldn't it?




A few other eventful happenings this weekend? Just one really.

Our elderly neighbor had been having issues with our roaming cats. She has called a few times about it. She is not a cat lover. We really try very hard to keep the cats inside but with so many little children coming in and out of the house all day it is hard. The cats have been fertilizing her garden (icky,I know) digging up her plants (most likely in the process of fertilizing her garden),and hanging out by her bird feeders terrorizing the feeding birds. I totally understand her irritation. Really,I do. What more can we do about it? We have not taken her complaints lightly,we really have not. There is just a lot of traffic in and out of the house all day and I can not stand guard all the time. The only solution would be to get rid of our cats, to the devastation of many of our children. We could do that,I suppose...

Well,once again our neighbor came over.This time with the support of a not so nice busy-body advocate who is not fond of cats or my children. They (not so nicely) confronted us in front of all our kids lecturing us on how unsafe we are making the neighborhood,what irresponsible pet owners we are,etc... They got some of the kids pretty upset.

How did we handle it? Jeff was bothered but did not let it show much.He said their arguments were built on straw. Me? um... it took only God himself to hold me back from tackling this elderly neighbor and her busy-body friend to the ground. I did not physically touch them (I was SO VERY close,though) but I was SO mad I yelled at them very loudly and then cried right there in front of them. My big whopper of last words to them? "you are just the meanest neighbors in the world!" as I stormed into the house. I bet that will make them think twice about messing with us. Hm...

It was not the cat roaming issue that got me so mad. I understood that. It was their assumption that we were not trying to do anything about it because we had been.That got me mad.But the very biggest thing that got me SO irate was them treating Jeff like he was the stupidest person on earth. Nothing gets me more upset than that. Mess with Jeff and you mess with me. Just ask certain relitives...or...maybe...Door County camp ground workers. That is when the Weiss side comes out very fierce and loud. No apologies. I'm proud of that Weiss streak that runs though me.

Enough of that...you just might not want to be my neighbor or mess with Jeff!

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty handbags you made, Tina! I'm sorry about your neighbors. I totally understand how it's hard to keep a cat from wandering--we have a couple that like to travel around the neighborhood too. I know what you mean about defending your husband--I'm like that too:) I hope the neighbors try to understand:) Have a good evening!

    ReplyDelete