Saturday, August 15, 2009

Higher Ground

Yesterday Jeff took Elena and her friend to attend Higher Ground up in Winsted,Mn. Elena saved up months of paper route earnings to attend. She was SO exited. They could only stay for Friday but the had a lot of fun! Elena took close to 200 pictures but I think I narrowed to down to a nice sampling for you. I'm sorry if I get the band names mixed up. I'm just a mom you know...

Elena and her dad



Elena and her friend Tanyce with Stellar Kart



Kutless performing



Elena getting autographs from Kutless



Jeremy Camp performing.




Sunday, Jeff,Elena,Grant, and Alan are heading up to Rock the River in Minneapolis along with the church youth group. I will have a bunch of Rock the River highlights to show, I'm sure!


P.S. Today was a big day for us...we entered the cellular world! It took us until just last year to upgrade from dial-up Internet to broadband (or is it broad ban?) use and then came the lap top computer and now cell phones! What is next? Cable? We would need a TV first but who needs a TV when we have our laptop DVD player and Netflix. I figure not having a TV is not the oddish big deal it was years ago before all this fancy technology. We are not so archaic anymore.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world where people can get a hold of you any time, anywhere! Not always a good thing.

    Sounds like you all (or portions of you) had quite a rocking weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't get a computer and the other high tech stuff until a few yrs. ago. Everybody kept telling us we were so behind the times and we probably were:) I don't think I'll be able to keep up with all the advancing technology because it keeps changing so much. At least Brandon's good at it so maybe he can help me with that!

    ReplyDelete