Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What Fun Last Night!

The good old annual Perseid shower. What fun it was lying out on the driveway trying to relax and watch the meteor shower while a young one with a overfull diaper crawled around my head. The sweet sounds of kids bickering over whose feet were the ones that smelled. Those pesky neighborhood cats attacking us like we were some sort of midnight prey. Oh yes,I forgot,those are our cats. I'm teasing. Those things did happen but it was a very enjoyable time even so. In between the smelly feet bickering the kids had some fun conversations with each other. It was delightful to hear them chatting with each other like that. There is something about late nights under the stars that bring out the openness in kids. These are the memories will last a life time.

2 comments:

  1. What fun! I read about the meteor shower yesterday and wanted to see this, but forgot. I think it might still be happening tonight so maybe we can try again. It's fun to lay on blankets and look up at the beautiful sky and talk. You are right-- wonderful memories that will last forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what fun! I think I'll go outside right now and see if I can see anything.

    ReplyDelete