Sunday, August 30, 2009

Happy 11th Cyrus!

It is amazing that our Cyrus is eleven! Wow! I remember this frightened skinny tiny little 8 year old fresh off the plane from Liberia. Here he is eleven already.

Cyrus you are a special young man!

Happy Birthday!!!



Yes,you see right. Cyrus requested a pineapple for his birthday. It brings back special memories with his mother back in Liberia. They planted a pineapple tree together and he would water it every day after he came home from school. He entered the orphanage before the pineapple that had been growing on the tree was ripe. He once asked who we thought his mom shared the pineapple with when it was ripe. I am sure if she ate it she probably had tears because she remembered how well Cyrus tended to it and how much she loved and missed him.






A few behind the birthday scene pictures

Lily was a little confused when the balloon stuck to her.



Joel and his girls. What a gentleman he is!




A rare picture of my two oldest together. Have you ever heard that oil and water do not mix? Hmm...it could be the same for these two at times.



Why dirty another bowl when the carton works just fine! I think my gentleman disappeared for a bit and bachelor Joel showed up.




P.S.

If you have made it all the way through the pictures I posted Thank you!! for being such loyal friends! I need that right now. So for you few, you deserve to have a small update on my hard last few days...the update is just that I am still pretty blue about everything. I should not get so caught up with what others think about us or me. If we were not willing to make our lives messy looking for the sake of the children God had planned for us we would not be celebrating a special 11th birthday with Cyrus today. What a great young man he is. We would have missed it all. But I am still somewhat sad about things. Nothing more would I want to be doing right now than being a mom and wife in this family. I just wish others could understand. I will get over it soon.

Hey, guess what I dug out of the closet last night? My heating blanket! So cozy! That is where I am heading in a few minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Cyrus! What a nice day for you! You have a very special family.

    I know how you feel sometimes. I understand and support you:) Hope you have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina, Oh, your dear children! Life is supposed to be messy and wonderful all at once. It sure is messy and wonderful (and some other adjectives...not all good, either) around here, too! Happy Birthday to Cyrus! And, how good of you to buy him a pineapple in remembrance!

    ReplyDelete