Thursday, August 20, 2009

White and Nerdy

***
Note: for the children reading, you should not click on the link below unless your mom says it is ok.

I keep going back and forth over this post. Being a mom of white and black children I am not sure if this should get me bothered, but it does not... I'm sorry, I just think it is SO funny. Does that make me a bad mom? I'm a fan of "Weird Al" and ran across this very funny video. Sorry, Youtube will not let me embed it so her is the link if you are curious.

"Weird Al" White and Nerdy


This is Weird Al's version of Ridin' Dirty by Chamillionare

Now (if you watched it) what is funny about it is this... some of the boys and I were actually discussing whether we liked Kirk or Picard better not long before I saw this video! (We all agreed Picard was by far better).

The boys have many sword fights around here. The Star Wars,Lord of the Rings,Narnia,Medieval,and many other sword fight versions.They even have an armory down in the basement filled with stick swords,homemade armor, capes, the works!

ALL of the kids would love that scooter thing...so many similarities. The interesting thing is we are raising all of our kids to kind of be 'nerdy' if we compared our family interests to the song! For us I guess it would be called "Black and White and Nerdy" !

For the record,though...a few of our boys thought they would rather be viewed more gangsterish than nerdy.

It is just a funny video. Did you notice Donny Osmond as the dancing guy in the background?

Barb, what are your thoughts on this?

1 comment:

  1. I laughed so hard when I saw your post, my family loved Wierd Al too. He is just so funny! :0)

    ReplyDelete