Saturday, August 1, 2009

Random Things

*Sigh* I just was not able to get any projects done today. I was very much looking forward to getting a little done. Oh well. I usually do not have anything taxing that I need to make. It is all just for fun anyway. Now that the kids are in bed (most of them anyway) I will start (actually finish up ) something small. That will satisfy me.

I should be very thankful that my presence is very much in demand by so many.I think the kids who occupy my attention are the two oldest and the two youngest. Elena and Grant really enjoy just sitting around and chatting with me. I'm lucky that my teens enjoy me that much! As for Joel and Lily...Well, that is a given for young tykes and their mom.


I wanted to give a BIG Thank YOU to Traci and Laura for your thoughtful kindness!!!
Grace will really love the doll. Laura, your soaps and earrings are just SO pretty!You are a very talented young lady. THANK YOU both VERY MUCH!!!!!!






Here is Josh's garden this year. Not much grew but he is very pleased that his Morning Glory seeds "actually grew into plants".



As you all know by now I love most all fabric but tend to be drawn especially to fabric book panels. I do not know why. I usually do not even make the books. If I see a neat book panel,I buy it and then list it on one of my Etsy shops.Now there are some odd book panels I will not bother buying at all. I saw three like that at Walmart today. I actually passed them up. Why? The fabric did not feel very nice,or the content, or images were a little goofy. I did run across some VERY cool almost vintage fabric book panels from 1996 (ok pretty far from vintage) this past week that I had not seen before. Very neat! I like finds like this!



1 comment:

  1. Josh did a good job on his garden! The only thing that did well in our garden was morning glories and some other pretty flowers--we only had 3 tomatoes and 2 squash--no cucumbers or peppers, but plenty of morning glories. And the deer love to eat them for a snack.
    We're so glad you received your gift! This was fun for us to do:)

    ReplyDelete