Monday, October 26, 2009

A Peek Into Our Evening

I finished up two of my baby blankets this evening.My goal was four but I will settle for two.



I know some wonder how I can get all the sewing accomplished that I do having such a full household. Well,much thanks goes to Jeff for being the one who puts the middle kids to bed at night.

I thought I would take a break from sewing and show you via pictures what everyone is up to while I accomplish my sewing tasks. These pictures were taken around 9pm within a five minute time span just for a little reference.

Here goes...

Grace, Ekie, and Naomi are playing a card game in their room as they wait for dad to pray with them and tuck them in.



Josh,Joyce,Cyrus,Anya,and Nolan playing a multi card deck matching game as they wait for Jeff to put them to bed after the girls.



Lily in the hallway playing with a few 'treasures' she found in someones bedroom.



Elena is on the couch in the living room where I am sewing reading the church phone directory.We have not gone to the library lately.



Joel is taking a bath.Ignore the dirty tub.



Back upstairs here is Grant making his round of good nights to the kids.Umm..maybe stirring up a little craziness as well.



Alan walks around in the hall waiting for Grant to finish up his good nights so they can make a bowl of popcorn for their nightly snack.



Here dad is. It is Odell and Anya's night to have a book read to them. Anya opted out of the book read to play the matching game with the other kids.



After Jeff was done reading a book to Odell Lily wanted a little 'Odell time' before lights out.



I believe I accounted for everyone! Our evenings get pretty loud and as I sew I sometimes get pretty stresses at the noise level but I figure I either tolerate the volume or put the sewing away and be the wet blanket on their nightly fun with dad. Hands down they (and dad)would all rather I stay sewing. So I sew!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks for the comment on my blog! Yes, we adopted one Liberian boy from a disruption. We also had 2 kids from Liberia referred to us 2 years ago. It has been a nightmare trying to get them home. Now adoptions are closed and we never got a court decree. What agency did you go thru? I'd love to talk to you some more... Can you send me your email? ( mine is mauney28105@carolina.rr.com )

    ReplyDelete