Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thursday, October 8th, 2009

Jeff took the day off of work today because he had dentist appointments for 12 of our children. I bet we filled up the dentist office's whole scedule today. Tweleve children and guess how many cavities in the bunch? Zero! I could not even guess as to how many teeth there are total,but none of those many teeth had cavities. Pretty impressive,isn't it?

What is the secret? Well,according to Joel my 4 year old, he told me when he does not want to brush his teeth (which is most every day) he prays,asks God to not give him any cavities, and with the confident faith of a 4 year old he totally believes God will not give him cavities. There you have it. Ah, to have the faith of a child.

This evening I added the binding on the two quilts I quilted last night. I then washed and dried them to see how using cotton flannel as the batting worked. My conclusion? I am very pleased! I like the weight,and thinness the flannel adds, and it has that great old fashion puckered look after the quilts were washed.

Another nice thing about using the flannel I found was for some reason it was easier to pin it and to keep control of the quilt while I was machine quilting it. Why have I not heard or read much about flannel as a batting option? I think I am going to research it on line some time. Maybe there is some pitfall I do not know about. I am pleased anyway!

Here is a cute fabric panel I quilted for a Etsy trade I am doing. I machine quilted around the different animals and such on the panel. I used flannel as the batting on this blanket as well. It washed up very well. It is very cute.



1 comment: