Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Getting A Little Artsy

I thought before I went ahead and cut out anymore quilt tops to piece I would actually get a few quilt tops I have finished quilted.

I tried to get a little artsy with my photography in case you were wondering.



I finished quilting these two quilts this evening. I still need to bind them. I will do that Thursday.



I tried a new (new to me) type of batting for these two quilts. Guess what it is? Just plain white flannel.My thoughts about it so far? So far I think working with cotton flannel as a batting is easier than other batting.I like the weight.The best part is cotton flannel is less expensive than Warm and Natural. I am curious as to how it will wash up.



I wonder if I used flannel in the middle of a quilt I meandered would it would give the quilt that great old fashion puckered look like Warm and Natural does.I am thinking not but I might try that some day. I just used a straight quilt stitch for theses two quilts.



By the way,in case you did not notice these two quilts coordinate.Isn't that neat?

No comments:

Post a Comment