Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Baby In Black

I decided to work on baby blankets the past few evening. I had two yards of black dot minkee type fabric so I thought I would use it to make four baby blankets. I have three finished and the fourth I will complete tomorrow. I have not come across many baby blankets with black in them and was not sure how they would turn out. I actually like them! They are very unconventional but fun.




You can not tell by this photo but this blanket is a vintage look circus theme panel that I added a striped border to. I found the circus fabric on clearance at Hancock fabrics for $2.95 a yard. There were two bolts of the fabric so I'm guessing it was not the most popular fabric around but it turned out well in this blanket. It is definitely a very unique blanket. The fourth blanket I will finish up tomorrow is a novelty route 66 fabric with the black minkee type backing fabric. These four blankets are definitely some of the most daring blankets I have made.



I have not posted much family news lately. There is always a lot of activity around here but I have been a little unmotivated to capture much for my blog.

I will mention a few cute things though. Grace is very much a daddy's girl not so much a mommy's girl. She has been from the first affectionate with Jeff and not so much with me. Lately, she has been spontaneously asking if she can hug me and saying she loves me. That has been very, very nice.

Lily has been a hoot. She forgets she is only 21 months old. She thinks she is five years old like Joel and Grace. Her newest thing is that she will round up her own clothes (usually two tops and no bottoms or a top and a sock )and a diaper then disappear into the bathroom to 'get dressed'. She gets as far as stripping down to her birthday suit but after that she can not figure out the rest so she sits naked on the bathroom floor talking to herself until I or a helpful sibling rescues her. She usually shuts the bathroom door and can not open it by herself. I bet she does this at least two or three times a day. She also learned the power of yelling "No!" to most everything she is asked to do.She is not fond of the results her "No!" gets her,though. She is also continuously asking " what's this" which sounds more like "wha dis?" to most everything around her. She is at a very fun age.


I found this secret code message that someone slipped under my bedroom door this morning. Well,it is not the original note. I recreated the note on paint. You will have to figure it out yourself to see who left it for me.




1 comment:

  1. I love how (at least how it looks to me) he forgot to put "t" in until the end :)

    ReplyDelete