Friday, October 30, 2009

Tell Me I Am Finished!

I should finally be finished with my part of the costume making. Although I kind of start to panic that I will not finish, I really, really enjoy the costume making.I wish I could go all out and make all the kids fancy costumes but those days were about ten children ago. Now days I just do things as inexpensively as I can still with keeping the costumes fun and special.

This evening I made a green vest for a child who wanted to be The Joker,two chain maul (is that how it is spelled?) things, and one poodle skirt. I am not real happy at all with how the Joker's vest turned out. It is not even photo worthy!The perfectionist in me is cringing. The poodle skirt turned out REAL cute and making something out of fake fabric net chain maul is difficult but mistakes are hidden easily besides I only made sashes out of the chain maul stuff. Joyce wants to be a STOP sign for Halloween. Now anything other than fabric is Jeff's territory. That should be a very fun costume. I will be sure to get lots of fun pictures of the kids in their costumes.

By the way, one is NEVER too old to trick-or-treat. I am very glad my teens are still exited about costumes and the fun. Although Elena and Grant are going to a party with their church youth group,I think they might hit a few houses before they go.


Here are a few fun pictures I took today you might like.

Today is Floor Friday which means all floors are washed. We do not do one big cleaning day each week.What we have done is divide our house into ten different chore areas (or zones).Ten of the children have a zone for a week. Within that week each zone has a daily core,Mirror Monday,Toilet Tuesday,etc...

That said, here is Joyce doing her Floor Friday in her zone which is the dining room with her helpers. She has a lot more patience than I do.




Anya is a big Tinkerbell fan. Elena's surprise birthday gift to Anya was to rent and watch the new Tinkerbell movie with her once it came out on DVD. Elena has been pretty exited about surprising Anya. Here they are just after they finished watching the movie this evening. Grant,Alan,and Joel joined them. A quote from my 14 year old Grant after the movie was over, "that really was not a bad movie after all,mom ". Maybe we have two Tink fans in the house,now! OK,maybe not but I'm glad the bigger boys were not too big boyish to appreciate Anya's 7 year old interests.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Tina. It's nice to officially meet you. You've got your hands full with Halloween costumes. Last year I made my daughter an Alice in Wonderland costume, finishing it with an hour to spare.

    Take care and keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete