Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Harvest of Friends Blog Party



I thought it would be fun to participate in Lynnette's Harvest of Friends Blog Party.

For those of you visiting my blog for the first time I will write a little about myself.

Here goes!

I love the Lord. I accepted Christ into my life when I was 13 years old at the lowest of one of the most difficult years in my life. My childhood and family life up until that point had been pretty sad. About the time I accepted Christ I had already tried killing myself and was down a path to being put in a halfway/treatment type home but the Lord intervened.Instead, my hunger for God grew very intense. In college I met a great group of fellow Christians who were just as passionate about God as I was and through the years since (with lots of ups and downs along the way) my relationship with God continues to grow.

I am now a wife of 16 years to a very sweet man. I met him at church in my early
20's. It was one of those love at first sight stories one reads about in books but it really happened to me.

We have 14 children whose ages range from 15 down to 21 months.We adopted six of our children from West Africa between Dec 2006 and Feb
2008. Our eight other children are our biological children.

My days are very busy schooling our kids along with all the other home type activities that go on...Lots of laundry,cleaning,cooking,as well as a good amount of fun and craziness.

I just love sewing, mostly quilts and baby items. I am a fabricaholic. I have more fabric than I could use in my lifetime but I still seem to need more.

That is my story in a nut shell.

Now on to my getting to know me questions!

1. What is your favorite thing to snack on while you're blogging?Dots,pretzels,and sipping diet pop.

2. What is one thing you wouldn't want to live without?My sewing machine!

3. Beach, Mountains or Farm? Where would you live if you had a choice?
I would choose a farm although living within view of the mountains seems very neat.

4. What's your least favorite chore/household duty?
I would say giving the little kids a bath and washing their hair,brushing their teeth,and cutting their nails. This is not exactly a household chore,though. Maybe cleaning the stove-top.

5. Who do people say you remind them of?
I do not remember anyone saying I resemble anyone in particular. Some people used to say my husband and I looked like we could be brother and sister.

6. Prefer parties and socializing or staying at home with the fam?
I prefer to stay at home.

7. What's your all time favorite movie?
Titanic. I cry every time the part comes on where the mom is telling her two little children a bedtime story while she herself knows they are all about to die.

8. Do you sleep in your make up or remove it like a good girl every night?
I do not really wear make-up but I am close to compulsive with my face washing and teeth brushing so I would definitely wash off my make-up before bed if I wore it.

9. Do you have a hidden talent or a deep desire to learn something that you've never had a chance to learn? What is it?
I would really like to learn how to use a spinning wheel.It seems so neat. I would also love to learn how to make a braided rug.

10. What's one strange thing you're really good at?
I do so many strange things but can not say am good at any of them!

11. What first attracted you to your spouse?
The thing that attracted me to my husband was that he was wearing his uncle's 1940's leather bomber jacket.I thought whoever that guy is wearing that jacket I want to marry him. He is so cool. We were both a little too shy to look each other directly in the face for months but when we did and I saw his eyes,I thought they were the most beautiful blue eyes I had ever seen.

12. What is something you love to smell?
My toddler Lily's neck.

13. Tell something about you that you know irritates people.
I ramble on and on to drive my point across. I 'tell' rather than ask my family to do things and I am very very easily distracted.I tend to whine,too.

14. When you have extra money (HA!) what's the first thing you think to do with it?
I spend it on fabric.

15. Are you a silent laugher or a loud laugher? What makes you laugh the hardest?
I think I am more of a silent laugher. I laugh the hardest with my husband. We can get pretty silly late at night. The show My Name is Earl makes my laugh out loud SO hard I start to cry. I have a very odd sense of humor.

16. Where is your favorite place to shop?
Any fabric store.

17. What's one thing you'd do more often if you had more time?
I would sit on the swing in our front porch drinking coffee talking with my kids or walk to the coffee shop in town with a few of my oldest children and I would like to just sew,sew,sew.

18. Are you a big spender or frugal?
More of a big spender.

19. Who is your favorite character of all time (from a movie or book)?
I just can not think of an all time favorite...the most recent character I enjoy is Micheal Murphy the Biblical archaeologist in Tim Lahaye's Babylon Rising series.

20. Would you want to be famous?
No,I would not want to be famous. I kind of like to blend in to the crowd but I wouldn't mind being singled out every once in a while.


3 comments:

  1. Just dropped in from Lynette's blog to say 'hi'. It's nice to meet you. 14 kids!!! Wow - respect girl! Take care. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    It's so very nicet to meet you. I also joined the party.

    Wow, 14 children, bless your heart.

    You are one VERY special woman.

    I used to sew and I think now that I have grands, it's time to go back.

    I still love looking at and buying fabric too.

    Have a blessed day♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tina~
    Even though I'm not new to your blog, I enjoyed reading more about you:) That was fun to read! We are very similar in a lot of ways.

    I have lots of fabric too that I will never use (mainly because I can't sew very well)--I should send it to you to see what creative things you can do with it since you are a very good seamstress:)

    Hope you have a good evening!

    ReplyDelete