Saturday, October 24, 2009

Did You Enjoy Your Saturday?

Over at our house we had a bunch of children decide we needed a few Halloween decorations.





I made Elena a much needed church skirt this morning. It is not the best picture but the skirt turned out very cute.



I used this pattern.I made view A. Elena is too old for children's patterns (style wise that is) but too slender for the smallest adult size. I am not very good at adjusting patterns so I just made the smallest adult size and added thin elastic to help the waist fit better. I also added a skirt lining so Elena would not have to wear a separate slip. It is a pretty straight forward pattern. It took about three hours for me to make.I bet it will be faster now that I made one. I will definitely make her a few more skirts with this pattern.



This evening I made these two cute baby blankets. I have about a zillion of this type of blanket waiting to be made. Maybe not a zillion but quite a few. I think I will try to get a few more made tomorrow evening before I think about moving on to another project.




I saved the best for last...I just absolutely LOVE this sweet head of messy baby hair. I wish these years would never end...



Notice how my sweet baby has to eat around my sewing? It is not that uncommon for my sewing to monopolize the table like this. My precious Lids does not mind,though!

2 comments:

  1. What talented children! They did such a nice job. I love the fabric and blanket you made--very cute! I made Ben a cowboy pillowcase when he was little and he still likes to have it on his bed (even with the fraying edges:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the skirt! I keep staring at the fabric in the sewing room that desperately needs to be made into skirts for my daughters...just can't quite get started on it (not to mention the fact that my husband's blanket coat is monopolizing my time at the moment).

    Love that bed head!
    Amy @ Raising Arrows

    ReplyDelete