Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Be Still My Heart!

It has not been the most relaxing weekend and the lack of peace was sneaking into my week. I needed a little photo shoot with little Lily. She does not look all that thrilled but I was!







What have been my noteworthy accomplishments the past few days that kept me away from blogging you might wonder? Well, let's see...I washed my sheets. I washed and braided Grace's hair. Natalie, I used the shampoo bar. It seems to work great on African hair. Thought you might like to know that. Hmm, what else... washed the bathtub and then gave Lily, Joel, and Grace a bath. I have not gotten to my sewing much the past five days or so. My most recent quilt I started quilting has been sitting just like this since last week. It sure will be pretty if I ever get it done.



Here is a close up of my meandering. I'm getting better. It has taken a couple years of trying. I find I have a good rhythm until a child interrupts my concentration or my mind wonders off to who knows where and I then find my foot pressing too much on the presser foot and things get a tad out of control. I have never been one of those people who could rub their tummy and pat their head at the same time so using the presser foot,controlling the quilt and stitch movement as well as keeping an ear on the goings-ons throughout the house can be a challenge! It takes some good concentration to get my meandering consistent,but I'm getting there. Someday I will be good enough to move on to a actual quilting design.

No comments:

Post a Comment