Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wednesday's Walk



For this week's Wednesday Walk Down Memory Lane I thought I would share this quilt with you. I am thinking I made this quilt back in 1996 or so. I was expecting our third child around the time I was working on this quilt. It was just a few years after I started quilting. This was my very first real difficult quilt that I made up until then. I was SO proud of it. It had so many different pieces! Now that I have used a rotary cutter to cut my quilt squares I do not think I would ever go back to using templates and cutting each piece out separately like I did with this quilt. I am not nor have I really ever been a perfectionist and it showed as I was putting together the school houses. Not many of the pieces match.



My hand quilting has not improved since this quilt. Once I learned how to quilt with my machine I do not think I ever hand quilted a large quilt again. I am not a quilting purest by any means.



Even with all the mistakes I am still very proud of this quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment