Monday, May 25, 2009

Good-bye Weekend Of Fun

Well, my marathon weekend of quilt sewing has ended. I just want a few more days...OK, just one more...well, I will be happy with the three days I had. Now, Jeff is an amazing husband. He took the full load of parenting this past weekend just so I could have a few bigger blocks of time to sew. Thanks Jeff!

Remember yesterday when I said I had thirteen or so half finished ( which would include cut out but not piece) quilt tops that I had abandoned over the past few years? Well, I realised I really miss judged the amount of lonely half done quilt projects I really had. Thirteen was a huge underestimate. That is OK ,though. I decided my goal this summer and fall will be to get those all finished. I am going to really try to only buy materials like backing and batting to finish the quilts I have and not buy material for new quilts. Of course do not hold me to it but that is my goal. Except if I end up going to a quilt shop for my birthday this summer. That will be my exception.

Today I decided to tackle three of my most unfun half finished quilt tops, one easy fun quilt top and about 70 nine patch squares. Mission completed.

It took a lot of effort to finish this one. Why? It's ugly. Sorry to those of you who like it. It is just my opinion. I knew not long after I cut the squares long ago that I would not like it so into my unfinished project pile it went. But I finished it and it feels good. Now I do not think it is half as ugly as I thought it would be. It might look rather nice once I quilt it up.



These next two were on my abandoned quilt list only because the material was so hard to work with. The squares are made up of flannel and Soft and Cozy fabric.They did turn out very good,though. Now I just have to think of what kind of backing and batting I should use. I am also not sure about the quilting.



The pink soft and cozy on this one has a flower pattern on it.It fits perfect with the purple butterfly flannel.



This last one was my fun one for the day. I used cheater panels and just added the blue polka-dot sashing. Very easy. I really like this one. I am not going to add an outer border but I will find a cute fabric for the binding and I think that will look great. I love this quilt! But no I will not marry it as one child asked me today after hearing my proclamation of love for the quilt top.




I did not take a picture of my pile of 70+ nine patch blocks but I am sure you could just imagine a nice pile of crisply pressed pastel/white nine patches. Beautiful,aren't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment