Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wednesday's Walk Down Memory Lane



I have enjoyed sharing the special quilts I have made for my Wednesday Walk Down Memory Lane. I hope those of you who visit Wednesday's Walk do not mind! If you would like to participate in Wednesday's Walk just click on the button above.

This week I thought I would show you the quilt I made as Joel's baby quilt. I did not know back when I picked out Scotties for his quilt that it was a perfect fit for Joel's personality!





I found this very fitting description of a Scottie dog personality. There is a lot of Joel in this description!

Like all terriers, the Scottie has a mind of his own. Unlike his cousins, he is reserved, quite particular in his choice of people, and steadfastly loyal. He tolerates rowdy children and many adults quite well; he is wary of strangers and is likely to become a one-man or one-woman companion, sensitive to the moods of his chosen master. He barks a lot, and he loves to dig; no fence will hold him if he's anxious to burrow his way out.

The Scottie's scrappy attitude makes him difficult to train. The new Scottie owner should immediately find an obedience school, for this bundle of energy with an attitude can dominate a household with great skill if he is not taught that the master is the boss. The training must be firm and gentle to avoid breaking his spirit, for nothing so insults a Scottie as severe treatment.




Here was our tribe of 7 children back in 2004 when Joel was born around Joel's Scottie quilt. I remember thinking 'wow we have seven children'! It seemed like so many but how our family has grown in those first three years of Joel's little life.

No comments:

Post a Comment