Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wednesday's Walk Down Memory Lane



My Wednesday's Walk Down Memory Lane or should I say my Wednesday's Quilt Walk Down Memory Lane is one of the baby quilts I made for my 8 year old Josh. Josh was one of the few children with whom I made multiple baby quilts for. I look back and wonder how I had time for that because he was born just 15 months after Nolan and at that time had Elena who was six , Grant was five, and Alan who was a few months shy of Four. Those were some of my busiest years!When did I have time to sew?

Anyway, Josh fondly calls this quilt Pot-sy. How do I spell that? I know the quilt is girlish but at the time I just wanted something bright. I saw this cute group of retro wash-day fat quarters (hence the name Pot-sy). They were so adorable!

Just like my Scottie dog quilt fit Joel this cheery Pot-sy quilt fits Josh. I do not mention this much but almost everyday Josh is writing me notes, making me gifts,or picking me flowers. If I am ever feeling down Josh is there to tell me he loves me. He is a very sweet boy.

Just today I overheard Joel running after Josh saying "Josh I am going to go where ever you go,OK?" Josh being his sweet self said "Sure ,Joel.I do not mind.I like you." And off they went to hunt for whatever Josh was looking for.

My Josh. I love him to pieces!




No comments:

Post a Comment