Saturday, May 2, 2009

Saturday

Today was a pretty full day! This morning Josh redeemed his April coupon (a few days late) which was a nice walk to the Library with me.



Nolan and Alan had been participating in a Saturday art class in town called Kid Picasso. This morning was their last class so there was an art show that family could go and see their work displayed. Because it was right next to the library Josh was a very good sport and shared his coupon time. So it ended up that Josh, Grant ,Elena and myself all walked to the library and then over to Nolan and Alan's art show.

Here is Alan greeting us at the art show



and here is Nolan



After the art show the six of us walked farther into town and visited a newly opened antique shop. Of course, our trip into town would not be complete without a trip to the coffee shop! Aren't they a good looking bunch?



What do you think of this quilt top? I bought my very first official jelly roll of fabric a while back and thought the fabric would look nice with this rail fence quilt pattern. I actually bought this jelly roll quilt bundle from Wallmart. The Wallmart over in Owatonna has this cute new quilt shop type display in the fabric department. Pretty fun. The fabric is so bold I think introducing another fabric for a border might make it look odd.I think I will keep it like this and use a solid matching pink for the binding. As is it is a nice lap size quilt. Each block is ten inches square. Twenty squares in all four across and five down. Well, maybe a solid pink border might be ok. I'll set the quilt aside for a bit and think on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment