Thursday, May 14, 2009

My Artistic Eye

A few blogs that I have been visiting lately have posted some very pretty pictures of the different flowers that are popping up around their yards. I thought I would snap a few of the flowers in bloom in my own yard to share.

As you can see with the use of my artistic eye I created a vision of beauty out of just ordinary bothersome Dandelions. It is hard to remember that these are just weeds isn't it? Don't let their beauty fool you.



How about this photo I so fittingly named Dandelions In A Rusty Wagon.



Now in all seriousness, Alan set about to photograph our blossoming Crab Apple Tree. He did a very good job.






I had a few minutes this evening to start on another quilt top. As you can see I still have three of the five rows to sew together.




The quilt above that I am working on is exactly the same quilt pattern and fabric as this quilt below that I made last fall. (A woman in Australia bought the below quilt. Very neat to think something I made is all the way in Australia!) The only difference is in the quilt above I randomly placed the fabric. Making that change sure made it a totally different quilt didn't it? I might tend towards liking the more orderly quilt version below but sometimes it is hard to envision the final result until the quilt is all the way finished so maybe the top quilt will look good when it is all finished. I'll let you see it when it is all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment